03 October 2018

Socks

In general life is short. We, often times, waste precious time on very useless, trivial pursuits. Be the excuse, vanity, tradition, or routine, unless the act of doing these things makes you happy, or better, you are missing minutes everyday. Minutes add to hours, then to days of wasted time.

An example I mostly refuse to waste time on, is making the bed. I loathe it. (unless it's fresh sheets, then it gets made up tight) it's pointless, the bed will bed will be messed again later on in the evening.... unless it's your job to make beds, and you're using gm it as extra practice to perfect your craft.... why? It helps in no other area of your life. 5 minutes wasted every day... it adds up.

I also don't match my socks. I match TYPES of socks, but if they do happen to be different colors, so be it. No one is gonna notice anyways.

It's not the act of not matching socks that makes me happy, I'm happy in NOT WORRYING about having mismatched socks, I'm happy in not wasting time making the bed.

Life in general is short, so why waste it doing the monotonous tasks that don't add value to it. Why not free up that time for activities that bring peace, and happiness to ones self? Free up time to enjoy the little, oft missed, wonders of life, wonders that are missed, as we're rushing around trying to find that pesky matching sock the dryer ate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment